Wednesday 31 December 2008

Last day of 2008

31st December 2008, new years eve. How exciting. A new day, an new dawn, a new year tomorrow.

I am looking forward to spending the night in St Ives with familiar faces. I don't know why but I have been looking forward to NYE more than Christmas day. I am going as a US soldier. I've got all the gear ready now. Admittedly I've got the wrong type of gun and they didn't have camouflage helmets in Vietnam, but these are all technicalities.

And in other news...

My hand hurts because I poured boiling water onto it. I was doing my hot water bottle last night and I looked at the TV whilst pouring the water in and unfortunately poured water all over my hand. Last night I couldn't sleep because of the burning sensation. The pain has gone now, but it feels rather tender. Looks a bit like eczema. I'm hoping that when I have had a few tonight it will feel normal.

No comments: